Friday, January 7, 2011

Keep Learning New Things

My First Camel Ride
Learning new things or going on a new adventure has always been a way for me to make the day more exciting or just break out of the doldrums. I'm a learn-aholic. There are many things I've tried just because they were there and I'd never done them before.

There are things I've not done that are on my To Do List.  Sometimes it's because the opportunity hasn't presented itself or sometimes because it has and I missed it. Riding a camel and an elephant were two past opportunities I missed due to time constraints.  I was always sorry.  So, when they came to my local fair I didn't let the opportunity go again.  While it wasn't in a far away, exotic dessert, at least I was able to give it a go.

My First Elephant Ride
The elephant was very comfortable, sort of ambling and rocking.  The camel wasn't bad either tho' I have to say, if I were riding for a long time I'd opt for a saddle of some kind.  I just heard Ohio banned ownership of exotic animals except for zoos where they could be cared for properly.  That's probably good or I might go looking for an elephant to cruise around on.

And, my slightly ulterior motive for this post, I know know how to insert pictures with some formatting too.

No comments:

Post a Comment