Friday, January 7, 2011

Learning Curve

I'm learning how to use Blogger to a greater extent.  I'm using it for a class discussion group.
So far so good.  All students in my first class were able to access the blog.  None of them were bloggers either.  It will be trial by fire for the class blog.  We'll all be learning together.

I wasn't interested in blogging for a long time because who needs one more time consuming thing to do.  While I'm glad you had salad for lunch I don't really want to know every detail of your life so I thought of blogging as a waste of time.  Then I found a few blogs with really good content that I wanted to read more because they were edifying.  Hmmmmm.  It's like every other tool.  What you put in it and how you use it is what counts.

Now I use it for class.  I have immediate response from students... no waiting a week for a paper, then grading it and returning it another week later.  My first response was from someone who never blogged and it was great.  I responded immediately.  No more 2 week lag.  I know what interested the students.  They were able to interact immediately.  It helps me know thing they want to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment